What is Adblue®?
- AdBlue® is a high quality urea solution
- AdBlue® is the VDA registered trademark for AUS 32 an Aqueous Urea Solution 32.5% that is used with SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction) technology to reduce emissions of nitrogen oxides from diesel vehicles.
- AdBlue® is a 32.5% solution of high-purity urea in de-mineralized water that is clear, non-toxic and safe to handle and is not harmful to the environment.
- AdBlue® is neither a fuel nor a fuel additive and has its own dedicated tank
To prevent contamination, it is essential that foreign materials do not come into contact with the solution.
Using contaminated AdBlue® can damage the SCR system and catalyst.
The AdBlue® trademark is owned by the German Association of the Automobile Industry (VDA), who ensure quality standards are maintained in accordance with ISO 22241 specifications.
Ensure that you only buy AdBlue® from a manufacturer with the registered trademark (®) on the product label and one who is registered with VDA.
Using Ecoblue AdBlue® guarantees the correct specification required for use with your vehicle or engine.
How much AdBlue® will I use?
Average consumption of AdBlue® in a Euro 6 engine is approximately 4 to 6% of diesel use, so 4 to 6 litres of AdBlue® per 100 litres of fuel burnt.
How should I store AdBlue®?
AdBlue® has a shelf life of a minimum of 1 year if stored in a cool and dry location and away from direct sunlight.
The ambient temperature affects shelf life.
- Clear and odourless liquid classified as non-toxic and safe to handle
- SG (specific gravity) is 1.09 typical
- Recommended shelf life is 12 months
- Freezing point – 11 °C
- Hydrolysis starts at 30 °C
- Crystallisation upon drying can cause corrosion and spillages should be cleaned using water
- Corrosive to iron, copper, bronze and some aluminium alloys
- Spill Free systems are available and should ALWAYS be used to minimise risk